As with any other profession, there are plenty of organizations you can join as a paramedic. Joining a professional organization is extremely important for personal and professional growth. In addition, they give you the opportunity to advocate for an area of the profession that you feel passionate about. Below is a running list of organizations focused on improving different areas of the prehospital profession. This list is constantly updated. If you are involved in an organization that is focused on prehospital care, let us know about it via the Contact page! If we are missing it, we will add it.
- International Association of Flight and Critical Care Paramedics (IAFCCP) – Organization focused on the advancement of the critical care and flight paramedic profession.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) – The certifying body for prehospital professionals in the United States.
- International Roundtable on Community Paramedicine (IRCP) – Organization comprised of representatives from around the world, working to develop the Community Paramedic profession.
- Global Paramedic Higher Education Council (GPHEC) – Autonomous accrediting agency focused on improving educational initiatives within Paramedicine, Community Health and Critical Care Transport.
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) – Organization focused on the development of the EMS profession through advocacy and education. They also develop and run EMS training programs in various disciplines.
- National Association of EMS Educators (NAEMSE) – Organization committed to the training and development of EMS educators.
- National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP) – NAEMSP focuses on the development of the EMS physician (both medical direction oversight and field work). Note: While this organization is focused on the development of EMS physicians, they do accept paramedics as members as well.
- American Ambulance Association – Advocates for healthcare policies and initiatives wth the intention of improving the prehospital system in the United States. They are also the organization that puts on the the EMS Leadership Academy.
- College of Paramedics – The main professional body in the UK focused on the development of the Paramedic and Ambulance profession.